We have created this policy so that you can feel confident about the privacy and security of the personal information that you provide to us.
Maclay Property Ltd is a Letting and Property Management Agent and this Privacy Notice explains how we use the information we collect about you when you register or make an application through this office. We are committed to comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and to ensure all partners and employees comply with the obligations arising under the Act.
Our staff and those working for our agents and contractors have a responsibility to keep your information confidential and will only use it to offer relevant services related to your enquiry.
What information do we collect about you?
The information we collect via this website may include:
• Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.
• Your IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website.
We also collect information about you when you apply to let one of our properties or when you register your property to let/manage through our Agency. You may also give us personal details by communicating with us by phone, email or otherwise. In addition we may collect further information as necessary to provide our services.
The data we collect and the way we use it is detailed below:
1. Personal data collected in connection with the Tenant’s application include:
• Full name, address, contact details (phone no and email address), previous addresses, date of birth, employer’s details, accountant details if self-employed, pension provider, driving license no, national insurance no, marital status, benefits details, criminal convictions, county court judgements, bankruptcy proceedings, next of kin details, current and previous landlords
• Other documents required to confirm legal status and to demonstrate that there is a right to rent
• Credit searches, references from both previous landlords and employers, bank statements, guarantor’s details, letters/ mail from clients, utility companies etc
• Other personal data such as bank account details.
This personal data is used to process your application, ensure your suitability as a tenant, confirm your legal status as a tenant and demonstrate there is a right to rent, comply with our legal obligations, and to provide you with our services in relation to lettings and property management
We share this data for the above purposes with the following
• UK Tenant Data (our referencing partner) • CFP Winman (our software program) which is password protected • Tenant Shop (our Utility Management Partner) • Contractors, sub-contractors and other service providers • Management Companies • Accountants, lawyers and other professional advisers • Landlords • Office staff • Debt Collection Agencies • Tracing Agents • New/previous landlords/agents • Employers • Any other referees • Utility Companies
2. Personal data relating to Landlords including:
Full details of the landlord, including address, contact information, bank details, all information regarding the property including utility suppliers.
This personal data is used in providing you with appropriate information and in connection with the provision of services in relation to lettings and property management to both landlords and tenants
We share this data for the above purposes with
• CFP Winman (our software programme) which is password protected • The Bank used by the business • Company accountant, lawyers and other professional advisers • Contractors, subcontractors and other service providers • Tenants • Office Staff • Utility Companies and Tenant Shop (if we have the Landlord’s permission)
3. Personal data contained in documents relating to the properties and the provision of services to landlords and tenants including: –
• Documents relating to the property such as Gas safety certificates, PAT tests, Electrical Condition Reports all of which may contain personal data.
• Records relating to the tenancy including records relating to any breaches of the agreement or non-payment
This personal data is used in connection with providing our services in relation to lettings and property management to both landlords and tenants.
We share this data for the above purposes with
• Landlords and Tenants • Contractors, sub-contractors and other service providers • Management Companies • Office staff • CFP Winman • Accountants, lawyers and other professional advisers • Utility Companies
Our lawful basis for processing this data is that it is necessary to allow us to perform our contractual obligations or that it is necessary for our legitimate interests
We may pass your personal details to organisations/people in connection with our business and where we are required to by law. For example credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions, fraud prevention and to pursue debtors, the land registry, debt collection agencies, utility companies and government agencies if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal details in order to comply with any legal obligation or to defend or exercise our legal rights.
In addition we may pass your personal details to our agents and sub- contractors including our Utility Management Partner, Tenant Shop, who will attend to the continuity of energy and service supply. They in turn may pass your personal details on to select third party service providers to enable them to provide you with energy and other utility services that you request.
We would also like to use your personal details:
– to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. Those third parties include our Utility Management Partner, Tenant Shop and energy and other utility suppliers. For those purposes, “Utilities” includes Gas, Electricity, Water, Council Tax and Telecommunications.
Access to the data held by us or raising a concern
Under GDPR and the 1998 Act you have the right to
-Access information held about you. You can expect a response within 30 days of a request.
-To be informed how we use your personal data
-Prevent processing in certain circumstances
-Correct, rectify, block or erase information regarded as wrong information.
Please send any requests or concerns regarding the data we hold to: